In this article, you will learn how to use social media to boost engagement.
1. Use Existing Channels
Internal communication is important for creating engagement. Use your existing social media accounts such as Facebook@work, Slack and so on to promote the challenge and encourage participation.
2. Communication Phases
Before the Ducky Challenge
Create excitement around your Ducky Challenge, as well as giving information about why you are doing this challenge, what it is and who can participate. Involve engaged individuals who can become ambassadors and promote the challenge. It's advised to make a simple content plan for various communication channels, based on your focus and main message.
During the Ducky Challenge
Give ownership to participants and allow them to show their sustainable efforts. Stories and pictures of engaged participants are the ideal content. Other suggestions for posts that can be shared are:
- Statistics and continuous results on team level.
- Reinforcement effects - good things your company and employees do in addition to the challenge.
- New and creative ideas from participants.
- Information about events related to the challenge.
- Links to local news articles with relevant material or even covering your challenge.
After the Ducky Challenge
Let the participants see and understand their results. What did you achieve together, and how do you want to communicate the results? Communications can be linked to a ceremony, statistics or visualizations or a pre-determined action that the company has committed to when achieving an internal climate goal.
3. Basic tips and tricks
Concrete tips for creating engagement:
- Choose the most active social media channel for your organization.
- Make sure you reach everybody with the pre-channel communication efforts. E.g sending a personal invitation welcoming all potential participants.
- Make a simple content plan for your chosen communication channels throughout the challenge.
- Choose your focus for each content piece and don't overcomplicate the message.
- Create shareable content and inspire participants to share their journey by, for example, creating a #hashtag.
- Give ownership to participants by allowing them to take over social media accounts for a day, let them tell their stories, post about events, or share creative content such as videos and podcasts.
- Contact your local media agency to let them know about involvement in the challenge and how your company is doing on the journey towards sustainability.
- Share your journey with Ducky Challenge by tagging us in your posts!
- If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
- If you're facing a technical issue please fill out this form.
We will get back to you as soon as possible. Our office hours are all working days from Monday-Friday between 08.00-16.00 Oslo time.